Here are a couple of shots from the video shoot I recently wrapped up! FYI, I’m really excited about new upcoming opportunities! ( I can’t wait to share). I did this post because I always get my make up done and never get a chance to capture the moment from my perspective. This look was for a video hosting segment, and I really like how natural and fresh my makeup looks, and especially how it complements my high bun. I’ve been rocking this high bun look all summer, it’s fresh and honestly it really keeps the hair out of my face. These photos will help you recreate the look and I made a list of the products that Quiyba (The Hair/ Makeup Artist) used below. Also, check out the Skrillex & Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley – Make It Bun Dem After Hours (EP). This EP is an amazing combination of electronic dance and reggae music! I love that Damian Marley is continuing to work with artists from around the world, this sound adds so much more flavor to his already dope tracks! Damian Marley is one of my favorite Reggae artists and Skrillex is currently holding it down when it comes to electronic music …I Love the EP. You can purchase it on BeatPort.
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Moisturizer. CLINIQUE Foundation Perfectly Real Makeup #46 & #47 mixed. CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder (oil-free)- Stay nutmeg. URBAN DECAY Primer & Eyeshadow: Naked Pallet (Naked & Buck). CLINIQUE Eyeshadow Finish: Stay- Matte powder – Stay Sienna. INGLOT Eyeliner: gel matte-#77. CLINIQUE Lash Doubling Mascara (black). CLINIQUE Line Smoothing Concealer- deep honey & deep mixed. MAC powder blush matte – Raizin. MAC powder blush frost – Format. CLINIQUE Vitamin C Lip Smoothie – Blackberry Nirvana
Check out the second episode of LTEM TV ‘Start The Show’ featuring my song ‘Start The Show’. I’m talking about my style, Odd Future, Konshens, and the Zed’s Dead & Omar Links mixtape! Check it out with links to free downloads and more… Please feel free to leave comments on the video! Thanks for watching the show only on Let Them Eat Music!
I recently checked out the Tortoise & Blonde collection at The Jane Doze mixtape release party. Tortoise & Blonde is a dope eyewear brand working with a lot of the current and popular musicians around NYC… like Ra Ra Riot, Pearl & The Beard and the Jane Doze. I’m loving the Tortoise and Blonde glasses they are definitely stylish and chic. I tried on about four different frames, but my favorite ones were these leopard print frames I am wearing on Guest of a Guest. In addition, I also hung out with The Jane Doze girls & we spoke about their music and recent mixtape which I posted below. Their new mixtape ‘Girl Talk’ has a little bit of everything, and it’s a mash up of pop, indie, hip hop and even some Whitney Houston … basically everything you can think of. This is the kind of mixtape you would play on a girl’s night after downing about ten glasses of cranberry and vodkas at a NYC nightclub. You know how it goes… standing on the couch, one hand in the air. If you’re looking for the perfect music for a girls night then this mixtape is for you … promoter and vodka not included. Download the new The Jane Doze mixtape here.
I heart dope accessories! Lately, I have been searching for stylish rings. I found these five rings under $100, and I purchased #1 & #3. I love #5 too but they didn’t have my size, so I will probably check the Top Shop Soho store this week. Also, check out A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Radio: November Mix. It’s a great mix, I am loving #6. Claptone “Make Me Feel” and #15. Maelstrom “Draggin”. These five rings and A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Radio: November Mix will be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving outfit and party. Let me know which of the rings is your favorite and get the free download of A-Trak’s November Mix below.
1. Kid Gloves “Music Power” (A-Trak Edit) (Fool’s Gold)
2. P-Money & Dan Aux are Disco 3 “Your Kinda Lovin”
3. Volta Bureau “Alley Cat” (Nervus)
4. J Paul Ghetto “Imma Let You Know” (Magnetic)
5. Butch “Drummers Drama” (Rekids)
6. Claptone “Make Me Feel” (Exploited)
7. Kassette Boys “Ah! Yeah! Oh! Yeah!” (Oliver $ Remix) (Kassette)
8. Zombie Disco Squad “Pianoman” (Made To Play)
9. Scuba “Adrenalin” (Hotflush)
10. Malente & Zero Cash “I’ll Be There” (Light Year Remix) (No Brainer)
11. L-Vis 1990 feat. Teki Latex & Para One “Fill The Void” (Extended Club Mix) (PMR)
12. Bart B More & Rubix “Ari” (BMKLTSCH RCRDS)
13. Cubic Zirconia “Take Me High” (Bart B More Remix) (Fool’s Gold)
14. Plump DJs “Gobbstopper” (Grand Hotel)
15. Maelstrom “Draggin” (BNR Trax)
16. Sound Of Stereo “Opal” (TWR72 Remix) (Lektroluv)
17. Pleasurekraft “The Main Ingredient” (Hotfingers)
18. Laidback Luke & Sander Van Doorn “Who’s Wearing The Cap” (A-Trak Remix) (Mixmash)
19. dOP “Your Sex” (Supplement Facts)
20. Friendly Fires “Blue Cassette” (Tiga Remix) (XL)
21. Floorplan “Baby, Baby” (M-Plant)
22. Bok Bok & Tom Trago “Time Master” (Sound Pellegrino)
23. DJ Funeral “Bounce Dat” (Body High)
24. Kastle “So You” (Silverback)
If you’re into M.I.A, Rye Rye, Kreayshawn and Nicki Minaj then you might be into Floridian rapper Dominique Young Unique. Her new mixtape Stupid Pretty is a mix of Hip Hop, House and a lot of swag and attitude. Preview the tracks below and you can download the free mixtape by clicking here.